From Van Essen Lab
Use of SumsDB and datasets contained within SumsDB can be referenced in several ways.
- URL for SumsDB: http://sumsdb.wustl.edu/sums
Publications describing SumsDB
- Van Essen, D.C., Harwell, J., Hanlon, D, and Dickson, J. (2005) Surface-Based Atlases and a Database of Cortical Structure and Function. In: Databasing the Brain: From Data to Knowledge (Neuroinformatics). S.H. Koslow and S. Subramaniam, eds., John Wiley & Sons, NJ, pp. 369-387
- Dickson, J., Drury, H., and Van Essen, D.C. (2001) The surface management system (SuMS) database: A surface-based database to aid cortical surface reconstruction, visualization and analysis. Phil. Trans. Royal Soc, Ser B 356:1277-1292
Links to Specific SumsDB Datasets
- To find a specific dataset, link to the appropriate ‘archive_id’ or to the ‘directory_id’ containing the archive.
- An archive_id may represent a single data file or to a composite ‘tarball’ (e.g., *.tar.gz or *.zip).
- 'Spec file’ archives receive special treatment: each is a single file, but selecting a spec file allows its entire listing of files to be downloaded or viewed online.
- Archive_id. Any given data file can be identified using its archive_id with or without the archive_id appended. For example, the following URL’s both link to the same archive:
- Directory_id links. Any given directory can be identified using its directory_id with or without the directory_name appended. For example, the following URL’s both link to the same directory: